[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - random thoughts on 1943

random thoughts on 1943

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 discussion

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:03 am

nat wrote:Take it easy? Is there something wrong with playing games naked?

tommy_pce wrote:Game Boy Kirby: My humor obviously goes way over your head :lol:


I know that your mind was in the gutter when you made that joke. Nudity in games usually result in them being "M" rated, and it's appropriate for some audiences to play them. Besides, there's a brand of fruit drinks that go by the name of "Naked" (which refers to them being composed of pure fruit juice) that are very simliar to the Odwalla ones.
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
User avatar
Game Boy Kirby
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:56 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby Keranu » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:04 am

Holy shit, hahaha!
User avatar
Keranu
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:11 am

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby guts » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:25 am

So weird.
guts
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:32 am

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby esteban » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 am

I'm still happy playing with crappy composite on an ancient television that appears to coat everything in a film of sickly yellowish-green.

But, hey! That's just me. I remember annoying some purists at pcefx when I argued that CRT scanlines = real deal.

Of course, I am planning on upgrading my tv when it dies. My brother has a nice Sony Trinitron that he hasn't really been using for years.

My old Sony tv has a special feature by the way: a photosensor determines how bright the room is and adjusts the tv's brightness/contrast accordingly. Awesome 80's technology, baby.
User avatar
esteban
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:44 am

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby nat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:12 am

Right on, Trinitron's are bad-fucking-ass. I used to have a Trinitron from 1983 that I kept around forever. I finally chucked it last year because it only had RF inputs on it, and in this day and age, I need at least composite. I know there are adapters so that you can use composite/SVIDEO/etc devices over RF, but the picture quality is still only that of RF.
User avatar
nat
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:12 am

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby esteban » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:15 am

nat wrote:Right on, Trinitron's are bad-fucking-ass. I used to have a Trinitron from 1983 that I kept around forever. I finally chucked it last year because it only had RF inputs on it, and in this day and age, I need at least composite. I know there are adapters so that you can use composite/SVIDEO/etc devices over RF, but the picture quality is still only that of RF.


Yeah, I admit that I'm a snob when it comes to RF: I want composite.
User avatar
esteban
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:44 am

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby Keranu » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:12 am

Esteban wrote:But, hey! That's just me. I remember annoying some purists at pcefx when I argued that CRT scanlines = real deal.

Yeah you were on my side in that epic debate. I brought up the excellent point of playing original Gameboy games with the original spinach screen. My favorite part was when Seldane was like "This like saying mono is better than stereo" and then that one Brit (Spencer?) came in and argued that point by saying that some dude's albums sounded worse when they were converted to stereo on CD format.

If there is one electronic hardware that Sony is actually good at making, it's probably those Trinitron and Wega TVs. Other than that, I've had nothing but bad experiences with various Sony hardware.
User avatar
Keranu
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:11 am

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby guts » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:10 pm

I like the old barf green gameboys, playing old GB games on them just feels correct. If I'm gonna play on something newer I just use a super gameboy instead since I really don't like the screens on Colors and Advances.
guts
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:32 am

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby esteban » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:43 am

guts wrote:I like the old barf green gameboys, playing old GB games on them just feels correct. If I'm gonna play on something newer I just use a super gameboy instead since I really don't like the screens on Colors and Advances.


I like the barf green gameboys as well, but I do wish the scrolling was "sharper". Still, this is part of the charm :)


Keranu wrote:
Esteban wrote:But, hey! That's just me. I remember annoying some purists at pcefx when I argued that CRT scanlines = real deal.

Yeah you were on my side in that epic debate. I brought up the excellent point of playing original Gameboy games with the original spinach screen. My favorite part was when Seldane was like "This like saying mono is better than stereo" and then that one Brit (Spencer?) came in and argued that point by saying that some dude's albums sounded worse when they were converted to stereo on CD format.

If there is one electronic hardware that Sony is actually good at making, it's probably those Trinitron and Wega TVs. Other than that, I've had nothing but bad experiences with various Sony hardware.


Yeah, that thread (debate) went on for many, many pages. Crazy :)

Anyway, I've actually had pretty good experiences with most Sony electronics. I know the PlayStation 1,2,etc. might have had their share of problems, but their other electronics have been good to me. This includes a fancy CD alarm clock that also tunes into VHF (I liked listening to some tv shows while going to sleep). It stinks that the days of VHF are dwindling rapidly: I mean, how are we going to use our TurboVisions?
User avatar
esteban
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:44 am

Re: random thoughts on 1943

Postby Keranu » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:30 am

I'm having my Turbo Express' sound fixed by Turbo D so I can watch as much Turbo Vision as I can before the analog TV cut off date. I really, really don't look forward to digital TV.
User avatar
Keranu
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:11 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lucifer Alpha

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron