[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - KLAX

KLAX

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 discussion

Re: KLAX

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:07 am

tommy_pce wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_videogame_consoles_palettes#NES

It has 64 entries, but only 56 contain unique values. IIRC, color 0x0D is illegal because some TV's will think it's SYNC and the screen goes screwy (that's a technical term ;) ). So there goes one, and the other slightly-less-than-white white is unnoticeable so there goes another one.

ARRR! Don't give me Wikipedia! I need more "academically appropriate"/official sources to fully determine it, as any person can change the content within those pages. Thank you for you input, though.
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby tommy_pce » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:07 pm

ARRR! Don't give me Wikipedia! I need more "academically appropriate"/official sources to fully determine it, as any person can change the content within those pages.

Hmm. Well, I did work directly with 4 NES games that I emulated on the PCE (which included palette conversion). So I have some experience ;) If my word is any value to you.
tommy_pce

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 am

tommy_pce wrote:
ARRR! Don't give me Wikipedia! I need more "academically appropriate"/official sources to fully determine it, as any person can change the content within those pages.

Hmm. Well, I did work directly with 4 NES games that I emulated on the PCE (which included palette conversion). So I have some experience ;) If my word is any value to you.

It is to some degree. Except I don't know if you work with the same programming tools that game developers had used decades ago.
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Keranu » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:49 am

:P
Keranu

Postby guts » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:45 am

It's true, those old programming tools gave you access to the secret extra 18 colors the NES was capable of. I also know for a fact that there is a diabolical cabal dedicated to the altering of NES specs on Wikipedia, thus the distrust is warranted.
guts

Postby nat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:21 am

I heard once those 18 "extra" colors were actually just more shades of pink.
nat

Postby Keranu » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:36 am

nat wrote:I heard once those 18 "extra" colors were actually just more shades of pink.

I heard there was a canceled Kirby game that was going to utilize these extra shades of pink and aimed to create the pinkest game ever made.
Keranu

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:52 am

guts wrote:It's true, those old programming tools gave you access to the secret extra 18 colors the NES was capable of. I also know for a fact that there is a diabolical cabal dedicated to the altering of NES specs on Wikipedia, thus the distrust is warranted.

Heh. If that's true, then the NES was really capable of 78 colors to display in the games :).
Game Boy Kirby

Postby tommy_pce » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:26 pm

nat wrote:I heard once those 18 "extra" colors were actually just more shades of pink.

Pink? You can't handle the pink! <_<
Just imagine, 25 colors on screen made up of only shades of pink. The mind would recoil in horror... <has flashbacks of the '80s>
tommy_pce

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:24 am

tommy_pce wrote:

Pink? You can't handle the pink! <_<
Just imagine, 25 colors on screen made up of only shades of pink. The mind would recoil in horror... <has flashbacks of the '80s>

Maybe a person so intolerant of "girliness" would wence in fear and disgust, but perhaps for some games it would be accepable. A Barbie game comes to mind, but this may have already happened (yes, a Kirby game, too, but I think a few locations in Kirby's Adventure are already greatly filled with pink)...
Game Boy Kirby

PreviousNext

Return to Lucifer Alpha