[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - Glad to see the forums back up :)

Glad to see the forums back up :)

Site Content: Comments, Requests, Suggestions.

Re: Glad to see the forums back up :)

Postby Keranu » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:17 am

Yeah I had to go through the trouble of erasing those annoying white pixels from emoticons on my own forum before.
Keranu

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:32 pm

esteban wrote:
Keranu wrote:Might be better just to leave fan art stuff in a single/multiple thread(s), best to reduce the amount of forums to only whatever is necessary (PCEFX looks like a disaster).

Totally agree. Explain to me, again, why the PCE and TG-16 sections are separate?

The smilies here are designed to be used against a white background... otherwise they wouldn't be nearly as annoying to me. :)

Keranu wrote:Yeah I had to go through the trouble of erasing those annoying white pixels from emoticons on my own forum before.

It's probably because the two systems have a very different set of games available for them, and the number of systems made for each also vary. I personally don't mind the layout of those forums, as it's not a HUMONGOUS page length to scroll and it keeps the topics more organized, I feel, as well. This is especially useful for the Sales/Trades sections as a person wouldn't want to accidentally purchase a game that wouldn't work for their system, if he/she does not have a region modification or converter/switcher device.

The white pixels around the smilies don't really bother me much. SuperPCEngineGrafx's custom simlies, when he releases them, should fix that problem, so there isn't too much reason to worry about them.
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Black Tiger » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:22 pm

There are many people who either don't do imports at all or collect strictly Turbo games. Of course those people are pretty much all collectors and not real fans and the TG-16 universe is dwarfed by the PCE/SGX, so there's not much point to have them separate unless a thousand regular posters join tomorrow.
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Black Tiger wrote:There are many people who either don't do imports at all or collect strictly Turbo games. Of course those people are pretty much all collectors and not real fans and the TG-16 universe is dwarfed by the PCE/SGX, so there's not much point to have them separate unless a thousand regular posters join tomorrow.

Oy, that hurts. You're right that the PC Engine is much larger than the TurboGrafx-16 in some sense, but probably a long time ago when the forums were first concieved/popularized, people had complained that the forums were too disorganized and separate sections of the two console were made (either that or PCEngineFX himself figured that the audiences of them were different, so it was best to keep them separate, but the exact reasons and intentions may never be known). From the way those two are marketed, they seemed to be as different as day and night (though they have similar hardware).
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:42 am

Heh, am I truly a lone registered user (for now) :P ? I've noticed that the latest post on this forum (before this one) was made back on May 7 of 2009 at 5:43 P.M....

I'm glad to see that the forums have returned intact along with the website, though it's now known as SuperPCEngineGrafx.net. I'm still curious of what happened to the website that caused it to be shut down (I had to figure out about its removal and return completely on my own from clicking on my favorites and the link leading to SuperPCEngineGrafx's website on his YouTube page). Just like with the PCEngineFX forums, I'll try to poke around here every so often just to see what's going on.
Game Boy Kirby

Previous

Return to Junker HQ