[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - Glad to see the forums back up :)

Glad to see the forums back up :)

Site Content: Comments, Requests, Suggestions.

Glad to see the forums back up :)

Postby nectarsis » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Sweet to see the forums back up (though sucks everything off the old board was lost).

Is this the final layout, or are you planning to add more forum areas? Also are we gonna get avvy's, etc?
nectarsis

Re: Glad to see the forums back up :)

Postby Black Tiger » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:43 am

I hope to finalize the layout this weekend. Avatars are now enabled. My desktop PC is still buried, but once I uncover it I have a number of selectable avatars that I forgot to upload last time.
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby Keranu » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:14 am

Be sure to bring back the Snatcher themed forum names!
Keranu

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:56 pm

What had happened to the previous forums, I wonder, that caused the access to the database to be corrupted (I have a feeling that an overload of robots had to do with that aspect)? Nonetheless, it's good to see them brought back up.

I can't wait to see the types of avatars you've made available here :). I'm expecting a few animated .GIFs in the style of your Tengai Makyo II/Kabuki icon, too.
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby nat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:06 am

Black Tiger wrote:I hope to finalize the layout this weekend. Avatars are now enabled. My desktop PC is still buried, but once I uncover it I have a number of selectable avatars that I forgot to upload last time.

Man Tiger, you've GOT to bring the old theme/layout back. At least the black background. This new millenium "friendly" look is killing me. I feel like I'm on the Windows Vista support forum or something.
nat

Postby Keranu » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:38 am

Haha, I agree with nat. Screw the millenium!
Keranu

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:47 pm

nat wrote:
Black Tiger wrote:I hope to finalize the layout this weekend. Avatars are now enabled. My desktop PC is still buried, but once I uncover it I have a number of selectable avatars that I forgot to upload last time.

Man Tiger, you've GOT to bring the old theme/layout back. At least the black background. This new millenium "friendly" look is killing me. I feel like I'm on the Windows Vista support forum or something.

Keranu wrote:Haha, I agree with nat. Screw the millenium!

The only aspect that really bothered me at first was how the poster profile (containin the icon, number of posts, location, etc.) was aligned to the right instead of the left, but I had gotten quickly used to it (the balloon-like smilies were also awkward-looking, but I didn't mind them as much).

Are you able to fully change the format to the way it was before? Though I do not know exactly how customizable the phpBB forums are (but it may be to a great degree), as many types of those forums seem to exist, I can expect some modifcation may be needed in order to satisfy the given options available for the layout.
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Black Tiger » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:10 pm

It looks like I have to edit a theme's parts with a web page editor, which I currently don't have installed on my laptop. But I'm working on it...

I don't like these egg-head smilies either. :P :lol:
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:29 am

Black Tiger wrote:It looks like I have to edit a theme's parts with a web page editor, which I currently don't have installed on my laptop. But I'm working on it...

I don't like these egg-head smilies either. :P :lol:

Okay. Good luck to you with the formatting :).

Are you planning to bring back the Fan Art/General Art section, too? I know there wasn't a great deal of activity for that section of the previous board, but it seemed like a topic that some, if we got enough members to do so, would be willing to share their artwork in (and one you personally would take great interest in, too).

Hopefully, the smilies are changable across formats (I definitely like the traditional round-shaped emoticons that are common across a number of forums; they are particularly charismatic :mrgreen:). Does this phpBB board allow custom avatars, as well? I'd love to see some of the Bonk smilies return again, as well :D.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Keranu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:42 am

Might be better just to leave fan art stuff in a single/multiple thread(s), best to reduce the amount of forums to only whatever is necessary (PCEFX looks like a disaster).
Keranu

Next

Return to Junker HQ