[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - Glad to see the forums back up :)

Glad to see the forums back up :)

Site Content: Comments, Requests, Suggestions.

Re: Glad to see the forums back up :)

Postby Black Tiger » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:34 am

The fan art will get its own thread under a different section until it becomes more popular. The new style is now up. I'll be replacing all the icons with Turbo/Superpcenginegrafx themed ones.
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby nat » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 am

Nice, it's looking better, but you need to get that custom logo back up at the top of the forum screen.
nat

Postby Black Tiger » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 pm

nat wrote:Nice, it's looking better, but you need to get that custom logo back up at the top of the forum screen.

I'll probably make a different custom logo now that there shouldn't be any size restrictions. It's looking like most of the icons will be power-up sprites.
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby nat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:02 am

Sounds great to me.

Although I have one complaint-- this new forum is slower than shit. When I click to enter a forum I have enough time to go make a sandwich before it loads the topic list. I had the same thing happen last night and assumed it was some kind of connection issue at that moment, but it's still happening now, 24 hours later. There's probably not much you can do, since the database is kept on another server, no?
nat

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:42 am

This is a pretty cool layout for the forums (though it is a bit of a shame that the user information on each post is still aligned to the right :P). Nice work for the editing. Oh! I can't wait to the custom icons that you plan to show here :D.

nat wrote:Sounds great to me.

Although I have one complaint-- this new forum is slower than shit. When I click to enter a forum I have enough time to go make a sandwich before it loads the topic list. I had the same thing happen last night and assumed it was some kind of connection issue at that moment, but it's still happening now, 24 hours later. There's probably not much you can do, since the database is kept on another server, no?

It's been loading fine for me, as I get the pages instantly. Perhaps there may be a problem with your Internet connection that involves the [wireless] router not working properly? If slow loading occurs only in this location, the only aspect I can suspect is a cookie issue (to send the saved data to your computer to the site, of course).
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby nectarsis » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:00 am

Sorry Kirby, been S L O W for me to (and no wireless). Seems to be a more common issue.
nectarsis

Postby runinruder » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:05 am

nectarsis wrote:been S L O W for me to

And for me as well.
runinruder

Postby Black Tiger » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:35 am

I don't remember the forum being slow before the new style/theme, so I'll try a couple simpler ones and see if it's any different.

EDIT: after some Googling I found people complaining about phpbb3 being slower while others responded saying that it's a browser issue. After trying out Internet Explorer, it's way faster than Firefox. While IE on this forum isn't as fast/instant every time as on the PCEFX forum, Firefox is noticeably slower on there as well.
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:54 am

Black Tiger wrote:

I don't remember the forum being slow before the new style/theme, so I'll try a couple simpler ones and see if it's any different.

EDIT: after some Googling I found people complaining about phpbb3 being slower while others responded saying that it's a browser issue. After trying out Internet Explorer, it's way faster than Firefox. While IE on this forum isn't as fast/instant every time as on the PCEFX forum, Firefox is noticeably slower on there as well.

Ah, yes, that could be it. I have been using Internet Explorer (with AOL 9.1), which could be the reason it is fast for me. From your statement, though, it sounds like FireFox can have trouble loading pages of forums (and other dynamic websites). I find it interesting really, and I feel like testing out the Wii's Opera browser for this place (though, in past usage, the forums never loaded slowly on the Nintendo Wii compared to Internet Explorer).
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Black Tiger » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:05 am

For the time being, I'm accessing the internet through my wireless-N laptop running Vista. It could be that Microsoft designed Vista to sabotage firefox.
Black Tiger
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Junker HQ