[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - PCEnginefx downtime...

PCEnginefx downtime...

Site Content: Comments, Requests, Suggestions.

PCEnginefx downtime...

Postby Black Tiger » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 am

This is an open invite to anyone, not just registered forum members, to use this message board for PC Engine (or even PC Engine FX) discussion, since the PCEnginefx forums "are down for the foreseeable future".

I had resisted posting again on this forum up until now, because I was waiting till I felt that I'd have the time to contribute properly. Given the current situation with PCEnginefx, I will be checking the TurboGrafx Network and the e-mail I have registered to here, daily from now on. So if anyone new registers, you should be approved with a day.

I will create new sections for topics like PC Engine FX, Programming/Homebrew or Mod/Repair if anyone would like to contribute to them.

I'd at least like to get re-posts of any important info such as Mod/Repair, misc guides, contests and various projects onto this site, so that there are that many more copies of them floating around the internet in case something like what happened to PCEnginefx and Sega-16 occurs again.

In the meantime, I will be hunting down what I can and re-posting in the appropriate sections.

I'd appreciate it if everyone reading this can pass the word along. If no one bothers to show up, so be it. But I'm hoping that a decent number of PCEnginefx regulars can come together in one or more place before everyone begins to drift apart. As it stood before the PCEnginefx forums went down, there wasn't enough English Turbo/PC Engine discussion, on PCEnginefx and across the web in general.

There can never be too much of a good thing like PC Engine, but let's keep pushing towards it anyway. ;)

Here are some of the places PCEFX members have been migrating to-

http://hupack.blogspot.com/
http://pcengine.freeforums.org/index.php
http://www.aetherbyte.com/forum/
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/group.php?groupid=54
http://www.facebook.com/PCEFX
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Re: PCEnginefx downtime...

Postby Black Tiger » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 am

Quoted from nectarsis on the Digital Press forum-

PCEFX suffered an attack similar to the attacks that SEGA-16 suffered earlier this year. The host pulled the plug on the forum side of things since the attack happened by exploiting a security hole on that side of things. The host is willing to continue hosting the site, but has demanded a restructuring. It seems a good number of users have migrated to NEO-GEO.com and I've already passed the word along there. If anyone wants to make donations to help with the restructuring, they can be sent to pcefx@pcenginefx.com

Started a FB page for anyone interested

https://www.facebook.com/PCEFX

There is also a group started on the Neo Geo forums as well :)
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:24 am

Ouch, yeah. It's kind of a shame that happened to the PCEngineFX forums (and Sega-16 boards), especially since I haven't posted on there for some time.

I guess I'll poke around more often just to check out the scene. Of course, I'll try to contribute as much as I can to these forums, whenever I can get the motivation and time to.
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Keranu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:10 am

Thanks for turning us toward your forum, I forgot these boards were up! Gonna tell ragtime about it, he sent me a message earlier about the PCEFX forum status.
Keranu

Postby esteban » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 am

I haven't visited pcefx forums for quite some time, so this is sad news (I've been hoping to catch up on several month's worth of forum activity!).

One of the reasons I haven't been on the forums recently: I have three kids now. Last time I was actively posting, I had but one. Life is hectic. ;)

Anyway, now is as good a time as any to re-connect with the pcefx community. I don't want to go to the NeoGeo boards, but I suppose I'll have to if the majority of folks migrate there.

Good to see all you b'stards.
Last edited by esteban on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
esteban

Postby Black Tiger » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 am

esteban wrote:I haven't visited pcefx forums for quite some time, so this is sad news (I've been hoping to catch up on severalomth's worth of forum activity!).

One of the reasons I haven't been on the forums recently: I have three kids now. Last time I was actively posting, I had but one. Life is hectic. ;)

Anyway, now is as good a time as any to re-connect with the pcefx community. I don't want to go to the NeoGeo boards, but I suppose I'll have to if the majority of folks migrate there.

Good to see all you b'stards.

My life is hectic enough without kids, so I can imagine. :P

We'll see which PC Engine fans pool where. I'm hoping that people spread a little wider than a single site since PCEFX was pretty restricted and off-putting to many outsiders. Apparently turbo2k went down recently as well. :(

I'm going to begin creating new threads and posting here on a regular basis again. Whether we get a core community again or not, I hope to at least have this be another option for PC Engine fans to actually discuss the games they love. It's been too long since PCEFX had discussions about actual games and what people feel about them.

Nice of you guys to drop by by. :)
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby esteban » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:26 am

Black Tiger wrote:
My life is hectic enough without kids, so I can imagine. :P

We'll see which PC Engine fans pool where. I'm hoping that people spread a little wider than a single site since PCEFX was pretty restricted and off-putting to many outsiders. Apparently turbo2k went down recently as well. :(

I'm going to begin creating new threads and posting here on a regular basis again. Whether we get a core community again or not, I hope to at least have this be another option for PC Engine fans to actually discuss the games they love. It's been too long since PCEFX had discussions about actual games and what people feel about them.

Nice of you guys to drop by by. :)

It's nice to see you posting :). It's been a long time (for me) since I saw you actively posting here, pcefx, magicengine, etc.

Anyway, if you can, please edit the original post and add links to the forums that folks (may) have gone to. I signed up for neo-geo.com, but something tells me that is NOT the correct place! I feel like a hapless walrus, blubbering about the internetz with no pulse on the TG-16 community anymore. :) To be honest, I have no clue where there are ANY decent forums. I know that I shovel a lot of drivel, but I love in-depth, intellectually-stimulating conversations as well.
esteban

Postby guts » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:53 pm

WHAT UP ESTEBAN!! Dude, haven't seen you around in ages. You're correct on neo-geo.com, those guys are basically the biggest collection of fucktards on an internet forum that isn't dedicated to creationism or molesting little kids. Bunch of hardcore assholes.

You should pop by the Turbo Board once in a while-- http://turbogfx.proboards.com --me, Rob, Nick, Josh, and some cool bros from schmups.com are still rollin so hard there. Sometimes runin pokes his head in too.
guts

Postby Black Tiger » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:56 am

esteban wrote:It's nice to see you posting :). It's been a long time (for me) since I saw you actively posting here, pcefx, magicengine, etc.
Anyway, if you can, please edit the original post and add links to the forums that folks (may) have gone to. I signed up for neo-geo.com, but something tells me that is NOT the correct place! I feel like a hapless walrus, blubbering about the internetz with no pulse on the TG-16 community anymore. :) To be honest, I have no clue where there are ANY decent forums. I know that I shovel a lot of drivel, but I love in-depth, intellectually-stimulating conversations as well.

I'll make a list of links and post them next chance I get. Just came home to find my internet service down and my phone browser is pretty useless for that kind of stuff. :P
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby rag-time4 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:33 am

Hey guys! Sunteam_Paul has set up a temporry forum at http://pcengine.freeforums.org/index.php and most of the current pcefx users and a few old faces have checked in there.

Esteban, was definitely thinking of you lately, the forum always misses your perspective when youre not around. Someone needs to enlighten all the newer members about the Gomola Speeds of the world! In related news, with pcefx down i may have lost my improved image fight avatar that you did up for me!

=(
rag-time4

Next

Return to Junker HQ