[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - Avatars!

Site Content: Comments, Requests, Suggestions.

Postby Black Tiger » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 am

I uploaded 57 avatars tonight. All of which of course feature super PC Engine graphics. ;)
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Re: Avatars!

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:06 am

Ha, ha. Those look pretty cool (and some of them come from screenshots that are around your website, as I've noted). I'll still use my current Air Zonk Icon for a while until I feel like changing it, though. Is it okay with you, if I ever want to make adjustments, to edit them to a smaller size to give a greater focus on the charactor sprite? Nice job on these :D!
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Keranu » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:35 am

Great job. You've always had a good eye for capturing the PCE's brighter moments in games.

I'll use the avatar from Dragon Slayer (Or is it Dungeon Explorer II? I get those two opening cinemas mixed up often).
Keranu

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:08 am

Keranu wrote:Great job. You've always had a good eye for capturing the PCE's brighter moments in games.

I'll use the avatar from Dragon Slayer (Or is it Dungeon Explorer II? I get those two opening cinemas mixed up often).

You're correct on saying that snapshot is from the first opening sequence of Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes. A quick look on the PC Engine Software Bible confirms to be so (I kept thinking that the segment is from Shape Shifter, though).
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby esteban » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:00 am

There is something about outstretched arms, impending violence and armpits that create good avatars. :)
esteban

Postby Keranu » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:27 am

esteban wrote:There is something about outstretched arms, impending violence and armpits that create good avatars. :)

Dude you just gave me a great idea of making an avatar out of the Taking It To The Hoop cover!
Keranu

Postby esteban » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Keranu wrote:
esteban wrote:There is something about outstretched arms, impending violence and armpits that create good avatars. :)

Dude you just gave me a great idea of making an avatar out of the Taking It To The Hoop cover!

Sweet Baby Jesus, that would certainly be a great avatar. :)
esteban

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:33 am

esteban wrote:
Keranu wrote:

Sweet Baby Jesus, that would certainly be a great avatar. :)

It can also be possible to use an opposing player trying to block the ball in the dunk shots as an avatar :).

I was thinking of making icons out of the character pictures that are shown when setting up the teams (such as in the time-out or team select menus). To do this, I would need medium to large (for the detail) clean images of at most each of the eight teams (to be sure that I have all of the player types). Unfortunately, I don't have such resources to do this as capturing shots from real hardware are usually dull-colored and are in a fuzzy .JPEG image. I might need S-Video input (from a Turbo Booster) and possibly Adobe Photoshop in order to succeed at this task.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Keranu » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Magic Engine and the backspace key will do wonders, and you won't even need to upgrade from the trial version.
Keranu

Postby Black Tiger » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:43 pm

I just added two Takin' it to the Hoop avatars to the pc_engine gallery as well as one to the new "covers" gallery. ;)
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Next

Return to Junker HQ