[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - Favorite TV Shows

Favorite TV Shows

General discussion

Favorite TV Shows

Postby Keranu » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:00 pm

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - This is like my favorite show of all time. Everything about it rules, from the brilliant surreal humor, the amazing characters, and the moody, indy soundtrack. There were a couple of duds in the final season, but the rest of the episodes were outstanding.

Beavis & Butthead - This is probably tied for my favorite show of all time. There's nothing I can really say except that there are countless moments that have made me laugh in this show more than any other.

Strangers With Candy - Another strange, yet genius surrealistic comedy. The concept of basing the main character off of a former druggie prostitute going back to high school is great and the rest of the cast are equally hilarious.

Honourable mentions: Perfect Strangers, Head of the Class, Futurama, Three's Company, Brady Bunch, Cheers, Family Ties.
Keranu

Re: Favorite TV Shows

Postby nectarsis » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:15 am

Beavis and Butthead were funny bitd.

Married With Children, Battlestar Gallactica (new, and original), That 70's Show, OLD Simpsons, Firefly.
nectarsis

Postby Keranu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:36 am

Married With Children ruled.

Oh I forgot to mention Home Movies in my first post! Great, great cartoon show! Probably in my top five favorites too.
Keranu

Postby esteban » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Pete and Pete was great. They filmed a show (or a scene?) near my hometown back when I was in college and some friends of mine went to see what the production was like. At least, that's what I think happened. I can't remember.

I love the theme song from that show. AWESOME. I sent away for a cassette tape (from some cereal) for the theme song. The band was called Polaris, if I recall.

Favorite shows when I was a young person:
Fawlty Towers
Square One
You Can't Do That on Television
Land of the Lost
Inspector Gadget
Battle of the Planets
Eerie Indiana (sp?)
Monty Python's Flying...
Allo, Allo...
The Young Ones
Are You Being Served?
Inspector Morse
Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett)
Poirot (sp?)
The Secret Life of Adrian Mole
Secret Agent Man
Blakes 7
Dr. Who
G.I. Joe
Duck Tales (first season or two, especially, before stupid characters were introduced)
Smurfs
Dungeons and Dragons

Yeah, I watched too much TV :)
I could probably name more... too lazy...
esteban

Postby nat » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:40 am

I don't really watch TV shows all that much, way more into movies.

But if I'm gonna watch TV, I'll watch: Star Trek, ST: TNG, Red Dwarf, House, Seinfeld, Simpsons, uhh that's about it. Growing up I watched MTV, back when they actually played music videos. I wonder when the last time MTV played a music video was. Yo MTV Raps was the shit back in the day.
nat

Postby Black Tiger » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:06 am

Home Movies, TNG and Red Dwarf are all awesome. I can't put together a huge list right now, but one non-mainstream show I love is Black Adder.
Black Tiger
Site Admin

Postby esteban » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Black Tiger wrote:Home Movies, TNG and Red Dwarf are all awesome. I can't put together a huge list right now, but one non-mainstream show I love is Black Adder.

Heck yeah, Black Adder ruled, except I didn't think the WWI season was any good. Fortunately, all the prior seasons were so good I just pretend WWI didn't happen.

Red Dwarf is great as well :). Although I was upset when Red Dwarf knocked Blakes 7 out of its timespot... and off the air...

I really liked "High Feather", a show from PBS set in a summer camp. It was an awesome show, and the goddam theme song, holy crap, I'd give anything to hear it again. I'd give anything to see that show again.

A few years ago, holy crap, like 10 years ago, I emailed the one crazy bastard who happened to mention High Feather on his website to see if he had anything on VHS. Alas, he never sent anything.

3,2,1...Contact on PBS (old ones from early 80's) was another awesome show... in addition to learning about science, they had some crazy-ass things on there... these "black-hooded mimes with toilet paper rolls mounted on their mouths", for example.... and THE BLOODHOUND GANG was the ABSOLUTE BEST MINI-SERIES in a TV SERIES, ever.

Find me a clip of those crazy bastards and you'll make my day.

I'll stop now.
esteban

Return to Alta Milla