[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
TurboGrafx Network • View topic - A Thread to Celebrate Holidays.

A Thread to Celebrate Holidays.

General discussion

A Thread to Celebrate Holidays.

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:37 am

Another board planned to be revived, "A Thread to Celebrate Holidays" will be present again to celebrate important events that occur in the day. This is potentially the 2nd-to-last or last of the planned revived threads; I have not decided what to do with the third one just yet.

Happy Chinese New Year (or "Gong Yi Fa Choy", as it can be phrased in Chinese). Today is the start of Year of the Ox. If one is interested to see how well they can fare this year, a good source that I've found is on the website below (it also provides a "Find Your Sign" box for those not sure of their Chinese animal). According to it, though, as a Dragon person, I'm not going to fare too well this year with my current style; I may need to adapt to new situations that I'll be presented with.

http://chinese.astrology.com/year/default.aspx?__utma=1.470950192501076600.1233035679.1233035679.1233035679.1&__utmb=1.2.10.1233035679&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1233035679.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=187195816
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Re: A Thread to Celebrate Holidays.

Postby guts » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:28 am

Happy Tug-jobs for Horses Day everyone! Get tuggin'!
guts

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:50 am

guts wrote:Happy Tug-jobs for Horses Day everyone! Get tuggin'!

The only problem is that I don't have a pet horse, nor am I a horse. Is this a holiday only restricted to horses?
"You are Gogan, the Mighty Warrior. Living long ago, in a faraway place, you are strong of body, keen of mind. But you now face an awesome challenge." - From the "Welcome Gogan - Mighty Warrior" section of The Legendary Axe manual.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Keranu » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:44 am

guts wrote:Happy Tug-jobs for Horses Day everyone! Get tuggin'!

Meh, walrus' are bigger.
Keranu

Postby guts » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:28 am

The holiday season starts with horses and works its way up to whales, walruses are like week 3 I think.
guts

Postby Keranu » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:11 pm

Awesome, they get bigger each week!
Keranu

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:46 am

Happy Groundhog Day. I wonder if the groundhog had seen its shadow? That would determine if winter would be a week longer or not (as I understand it, if the shadow is seen, spring will come soon; if not, winter will be longer, but I'm not sure if this information is correct).
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Keranu » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:03 am

Groundhog tugjob day?
Keranu

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:36 am

Keranu wrote:Groundhog tugjob day?

No. Not at all, I'm afraid :|.
Game Boy Kirby

Postby Game Boy Kirby » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:07 am

Today is Lincoln's Birthday. This would be a day where the president who was greatly involved in the Civil War would be honored for his efforts to help the American people. What would the Civil Rights be like if he was not assasinated and had managed to assist in the freedom for African-Americans that were living as slaves in the country. That can only be imagined.
Game Boy Kirby

Next

Return to Alta Milla